Paul Bunker has a proven experience in canine detection research. He has supported the work of leading universities within the USA as well as government agencies. He has published and been a co-author of scientific papers and books. He has a unique skill set of developing protocols and devices to support complex projects and resolving training solutions. The Chiron K9 facility has been established to support canine detection research either independently or in partnership with organizations.
Chiron K9 - Olfactometer
Chiron K9’s research Facility includes a canine olfactometer. This 3 port computer-driven device allows for double-blind trials of canine detection capabilities. It supports research and can be programmed to conduct threshold, go-no-go, pyramid, probes, and other research-based trials.
Click the Read More link to see information and a demonstration video.
- 20 Kennels available with beds, houses, and welfare support.
- Climate-controlled research lab with a control room separated from the lab with one-way mirrored glass windows.
- Custom-built Olfactometer with cloud-based data collection.
- Medical grade 12-arm stainless steel scent carousel.
- Medical grade stainless steel scent stands
- Custom-made scent devices specific to project requirements.
- Support for target analysis and preparation.
- Fridge/freezer and IT support available.